Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Days 10,11,12 Same old stuff

Tomorrow is the big day--the dressing comes off and the stitches come out.  I've been doing so well in the boot that I'm a little scared about what I'm going to experience once it comes off.  Plus I've never had stitches taken out and that doesn't sound all that pleasant.

I've been up and about a bit more this last couple of days.  Walking around in the boot hasn't really bothered me as long as I go slow and not walk too much.  Last night, however, once I got into bed the top of my foot in the center was throbbing.  That's not really where the incision is so not really sure what that was all about.  I changed the position of my foot a couple of times and then fell asleep and when I woke up it felt better.  Out for a quick run to the grocery store and to feed the neighbors' cats.  By the time I got home, the affected joint was starting to ache.  Iced up the back of my leg and have it up on pillows while I type.  I suspect I'll have a lot more to share starting tomorrow.

Planning to take several pairs of shoes and sandals tomorrow since I have no idea what shape my foot is in and what will fit and not cause pain just by being on my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment