Monday, September 14, 2015

Day 24--Back in my walking shoes

Foot a little stiff but this seems typical when I first wake up.  Did my exercises right after breakfast and headed out to yoga.  Did fine in yoga but found my foot was stiff and sore during errands afterward.  Could it be the colder weather?  I was in sandals and my foot was cold.

I was able to get into my Mephisto oxfords tonight which have been my favorite walking shoes prior to the surgery. They felt good.  Started our walk tonight but got rained out after a mile.  Again felt a little stiff and like something was pulling on the bottom of my foot under the toe joint.  But by the time we got back to the car, it was definitely feeling better.  So when we got home, I got on the treadmill.  Did 35 minutes getting up to 3.5 miles/hour for the last 10 minutes.  That was definitely pushing it for my toe but it wasn't painful.  I've found that I definitely need to push through some discomfort--my foot feels better the longer I walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment