Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 20--Yoga

Coming up on three weeks since my surgery.  I'm moving around fine although still feeling a little limited.  Main issues are stiffness in the joint (this usually eases up after some use), high sensitivity to anything pushing on the top of my foot and the ever present frustration of not being able to get into my regular shoes.  Luckily, it's been warm here so my two pairs of sandals that I can tolerate are serving me well.

I went to yoga this morning.  It's a gentle, hatha yoga class, not a power yoga kind of thing.  I was pretty much able to do everything I could do before the surgery.  Not willing to try downward dog just yet or anything requiring me to get up on my toes supporting the weight of my body but I wasn't doing that leading up to the surgery either.  It helped that I didn't need to wear shoes for this. It felt good to be back into normal activity.

Did get a mile walk in last night.  I pretty much have to be able to get into the New Balance shoes for that.  I did although the top of my foot was sore throughout the walk.  It seems a lot more sensitive since I removed the original steri strips after the stitches came out.  I've replaced with new steri strips.  Better than without them but still very tender everywhere--not just over the incision.

No comments:

Post a Comment