Saturday, September 12, 2015

Day 22--Half step back

My foot seemed more swollen around the incision this morning.  My usual New Balance slide ons were not that comfortable and I really hobbled around the farmers' market this morning.  Luckily, I got a near by parking place since walking seemed even more difficult carrying a heavy basket filled with produce.

By the time I got back from the market and the grocery store, my foot couldn't wait to get out of the shoe.  And although the top of my foot felt better, my toes felt stiff.  I didn't do my toe exercises until after lunch today and I think I paid for that this morning.  Will try more diligently to do the exercises before I head out any place in the morning.  Iced my foot and propped it up for a while although can't say that it felt any better.

The incision was quite sore tonight so kept the walk to just a mile tonight.  My toe felt stiff tonight when I did the toe exercises.  Foot propped up again tonight although I'm forgoing the ice.  Guess this is just part of the ups and downs of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment