Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day 18-- A Little More Progress

A little more progress today.  My feet were freezing this morning and since I was just hanging around the house I really didn't feel like putting on shoes and my Minnetonka moccasin slippers still won't go on.  I remembered a had a pair of down booties that I had gotten as a gift years ago.  Slipped those on and my toes were nice and toasty while I got into a good book.

I had scheduled swim time this afternoon and my doctor said it would be okay to swim as long as the incision looked healed up.  So that meant I had to take the steri strips off to check things out.  They came off easier than expected.  The incision didn't look too bad but my gut told me that a public pool with little ones in the lane next to me probably was jumping the gun a bit.  I decided to wait a couple more days.  After 2 1/2 weeks, don't want to jeopardize progress with an infection.  Things have been going pretty well so far.

Probably didn't walk as much as I should have today although I did walk around the house in the down booties which was like walking barefoot-- no cushion under my feet.  I hadn't been able to do so far but today it felt okay.  I worked my toe back and forth a lot while I was reading.  Will be heading out tonight.  I may see what other shoes I might be able to get on my foot tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment