Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 23--Back to full 3 mile walk!

Foot feeling better this morning.  I was able to get my foot into my orthoheel flip flops and they felt fine.  A first.  Enclosed shoes still problematic.

Did my toe exercises before I headed out today.  Was able to walk around our little town's car show this morning without a problem.

The incision looks better than I had expected at this point.  The area around the incision is a little red and rough looking but the scar itself is not really visible. 

Incision 23 days after surgery. The mark across my foot is from the sandals I was walking in this morning. 

Probably the first day that I went about my day without thinking about my foot.  Was able to get into my old ratty slippers to do a little painting in our hallway.  After dinner, I was able to get my foot into my regular walking/running shoes.  I got out to the car and to the start of our walk but then they will still feeling a little too uncomfortable to walk in.  So traded back to the New Balance slide ons which feel pretty good by comparison.  But the real news is that I was able to do the whole 3 mile walk that my husband and I had been doing every evening before my surgery.  My pace was a little slower than normal but not bad and my gait was about 90% normal.  I was so excited.  So this week with a little luck should be back to my normal exercise schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment