Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 19--Almost normal gait, shoes still an issue

I took the steri strips off last night and slept without anything covering the incision.  It was not a restful night.  Although it wasn't painful getting the strips off, the top of my foot was extremely tender.  Even the sheet touching it made it sore enough to wake me up.

I redressed the incision with the narrower strips I was able to get at the drug store.  I was able to tolerate my fitflops this morning and headed out looking for the wider 1/2" strips that were originally on my foot.  I did finally find them at a surgical supply store.  Not inexpensive.

My gait was more normal today as long as I didn't move too fast.  Tonight I was able to get into the New Balance slide on shoes.  Got in a 30 minute walk tonight.  The joint is doing pretty well--it's the top of my foot around the incision that's sore today.  Still can't get into any kind of lace up shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment