Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day 5 No big changes

Not much different today from yesterday although for some reason not feeling much like walking around.  Just getting kind of tired of all this stuff on my foot.  The top of my foot, although not necessarily the incision, is feeling kind of sore and ichy.  Hopefully,  it's just healing skin doing its work. 

Biggest excitement is that bandage is coming off a week from tomorrow!  I suspect that will be the start of the real work as I'll need to get my toe and foot working again and I suspect it's going to be sore when I get started.  Have been trying to wiggle my toes just a little in the bandage.  I can bend big toe just a little without pain although haven't wanted to push it too far at this point.

Have no idea what kind of shoes, if any, I'm going to be able to get on once the bandage is off.  Have been reading blogs and looking at photos.  Lots of bruised, swollen feet when bandages come off.

Went out to dinner tonight.  Used the handicapped parking tag but no crutches since we didn't have too far to walk.  Did fine.  Got home and iced and elevated foot to make up for the fact that I didn't elevate during dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment