Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Day 3 Driving short distances

My foot is actually feeling remarkably good.  I can get around fairly easily in the boot.  It helps to have a higher soled shoe on my right foot to more closely match the height of the boot.  I feel more stable that way and if I can keep the boot from rocking too much my foot doesn't get as sore.

I went out to my local drive through coffee place this morning.  Was able to get in and out of the car fine even with coffee in my right hand.  Just too it very slowly and used the car itself for support.

I'm still icing although the nurse that called to check on me today said that I only needed to keep doing that if I needed it to make my foot feel more comfortable.

My biggest issue today is that all this sitting with my foot up is causing serious issues with my back and butt and upper leg.  I really feel much better sitting normally or even walking but hesitate to do too much since my doctor had indicated a quick recovery depended on keeping the foot from getting irritated or swollen.  Irritated I can feel but my foot is so covered up I'm not sure I would know if it's starting to swell.

I'm going to try doing some weights and yoga stretches that allow me to sit or lay on the bed.  For someone who is used to at least an hour or two of exercise every day, I'm concerned about 2 weeks with nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment