Sunday, October 25, 2015

Weeks 8 and 9 post surgery--ups and downs

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted.  No really big news to report.  My toes are definitely bending down much better and without pain but moving them up (the direction that was originally the issue) continues to be an up and down process.  I really haven't seen much change in that this last two weeks.  Have been walking 3 miles almost every day.  I can walk fine and my pace is almost back to where it was before but it's consistently uncomfortable.  Sometimes it just feels stiff, other times achy, other times like I have a 220 volt line attached to the bottom of my foot.  And yes, there are times where I barely notice it.  This really is the tough part because I'm not really noticing progress like I did the first 6 weeks after surgery.  I continue to religiously do two rounds of my toe exercises every day.  Sometimes both rounds are in the evening only a few hours apart but I do get them in.  I've been trying to push myself through the discomfort when I walk.

I've been trying to get up on my toes with the full weight of my body at least 5 times a day.  Sometime more luck with that than others.  Trying to hold that for 10 seconds is tough.  So I'm still a ways off from downward dog in yoga.

Off on vacation tomorrow.  Will be doing some hiking.  First test of my toes on hillier territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment