Wednesday, October 14, 2015

End of week 7 post surgery

First plane trip post surgery.  No big issues.  A little stiff after the 4 hour flight but walking slowly and deliberately rolling my foot to bend my toes loosened it up fairly quickly.

The other piece of progress is that the top of my foot no longer hurts or pulls when I push my toe down.  It still feels a little stiff when I try to curl my toes but I can do so without using my hands.  The incision is also noticeably less tender.

Was still getting sporadic pulling and the electrical charge sensation on the bottom of the joint both while walking and pushing toe upward.  Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere.

Can get in most shoes at this point.

Although was diligent about the toe exercises, I didn't get nearly as much walking in as when I'm at home.

So all in all, it's coming along.  I feel I can easily handle  the hiking that will be coming up on the trip in two weeks.

If there is a disappointment it's that my toe isn't bending much more than it did right after surgery no matter how hard I push on it.  But the doctor did say full return of motion could take a year.  It just seems like I should be seeing more change.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment